Forget everything you think you know about landing a well-paid job—the rules have changed forever. How to find professional work once seemed clear and unwavering: capture career highlights in a resume, practice answers to standard interview questions, and do lots of face-to-face networking.
Cracking the New Job Market shows how these rules have changed and delivers new job-hunting strategies that actually work. The key, don’t emphasize past accomplishments but sell yourself on the value you can create for an employer. This new approach to getting hired requires new skills.
How to get hired today requires a new skill-set.
With this book job seekers learn how to:
- Gather information on what a prospective employer finds important
- Emphasize those skills, accomplishments, and qualities in tailored resumes and interview answers
- Identify the intersection between personal talents and what the marketplace needs
- Unlock the networking power of social media
- Negotiate the best possible offer Enlightening and practical, this myth-busting book delivers seven powerful rules for landing a great job—even in a difficult economy
About The Author: Bill Holland
Bill was a Big Ten scholarship football player who raised and coached two successful sons. He’s an award-winning college professor, business executive, nationally recognized career management guru, author of four books on career management and the principal founder of College to Career Catalyst, LLC.